Augmented Reality (AR) has emerged as a new communication medium that provides a wide range of processing devices’ motion tracking capabilities. In this article, we will discuss Apple’s iOS ARKit platform’s unique features that enable an immersive experience for users.
Features of iOS ARKit
AR isn’t only the joining of computer data with human detects. It is a lot more, thanks to the below-listed features:
- Location property for creating and updating at specific points on the map
- 3D views of amenities with AR with real-time 3D portraying, adding all the animation and textures
- Optical or Video technologies are used to accomplish the way of augmentation.
- Depth camera for a secure facial recognition system. Face ID will open 30% quicker, and those applications will dispatch twice as quickly in iOS 13.
- Motion capture: moving moments of things by applying a similar body development to a virtual character.
- AR is experienced in real-time conjoint, not pre-recorded. Data analyses, join a genuine activity with computer designs don’t consider AR. Therefore, amalgamating real and virtual.
- Gauge lighting to help progress among Virtual and Real Worlds
- ARKit produces information in meter scale, 3D virtual item anytime will be secured to that point in 3D space.
- Augment Reality application improvement will encounter a total change with ARKit and recent iOS development highlights.
A little more about AR and the ARKit
The concept of AR dates back to 1950, while the term was coined in 1990 by Boeing researcher Tim Caudell. AR’s ability to recreate human sensory fuelled its increased usage in many applications.
After the launch of Google Glass, tech titans like Microsoft, Niantic, Sony, and Apple took up the initiative to leverage AR in new ways. Apple’s ARKit harnesses its library to offer features like collaborative sessions, mapping of physical 3D space, multiple face tracking, stable motion tracking, etc.
Now is the time to build a digitally driven experiential future with this booming platform of ARKit. Let’s join hands to inspire creative thinking that fuels tomorrow’s innovations.
AR has demonstrated a clear return on investment while offering businesses the means and ways to connect and converse with their customers. At Trigent, we help you create immersive experiences that are intuitive and data-rich while putting your customer needs at the core of every initiative. It’s time you embraced the many possibilities AR has to offer to unlock moments of delight for your customers. Allow us to help you push the standards a little higher.