Technological Revolution in the Insurance Domain
In recent years, the insurance domain has had a tectonic shift with technological advancements, especially in the fields of RPA, AR/VR, blockchain, usage-based insurance, chatbots, and virtual assistants, to name a few. These advancements have enhanced the efficiency of the insurance processes. Insurers who embrace these technologies can gain a competitive edge by providing better services to policyholders. Perhaps that is why significant investments are being made in several innovative technologies and establishing practices that guarantee their sophisticated applications run correctly in real time.
What is the Importance of Insurance Domain Testing?
The current insurance domain with digital innovation at its core comprises multiple discrete technologies that require a robust quality engineering process to ensure seamless CX. The transition from an agent-led interaction to a self-serve model for purchasing policies places new challenges in CX design that require domain know-how to ensure an intuitive experience for the consumer. Continuous testing through Intelligent Test Automation is key to attain the following:
- Faster time to market
- Maximum test scenarios covering edge conditions and involuntary errors
- Benefits from the prior industry experience to avoid mistakes or pitfalls
What are the Benefits of Insurance Domain Testing?
- Ensure regulatory compliance- Insurance is a highly regulated industry. Testing ensures that the program is compliant with all the relevant rules and regulations, such as HIPAA and GDPR, to name a few.
- Prevention of financial losses- Insurance firms deal with crucial financial information. Thus, insurance application testing helps firms identify and correct existing vulnerabilities that can result in losses.
- Risk assessment- Testing helps insurance firms prevent risks connected with software failure, ensuring a firm’s uninterrupted operations.
- Time efficient- Insurance domain testing saves time and resources by detecting faults early in the development stage, thus lowering the cost of correcting the errors. Moreover, testing aided by intelligent automation also helps free up a tester’s time to focus on more important concerns.
What are the Recommended Test Cases for Insurance Testing?
The following are some of the critical components of insurance domain testing:
- User management
- Policy management
- Claims management
- Payment processes
- Customer support
- Quote management
- Test Cases on User-Management
User management comprises the evaluation of several features, such as user registration, login, password management, and profile updates. Let’s focus on a few areas testers should look at:
- User registration- The team should validate the legitimacy of information such as email ID, name, address, and contact details a user gives. Thus, the test case templates should verify that a confirmation email is sent to every registered email address.
- Login Features- To guarantee a safe and valid login and logout to an insurance platform is paramount. Thus, the test cases should validate that, following a successful log-in, the user is forwarded to the right page, and the session is terminated once the user logs out. Test cases should also ensure that individual passwords are secure and not visible to unauthorized users.
- Account Deletion: The battery of test cases should verify the complete removal of user’s/policyholder’s data from the system if they no longer need it.
B. Test cases on Policy Management-
Policy management is yet another significant part of insurance domain testing. It encapsulates validating the capabilities related to policy creation, modification, renewal, and cancellation. Some test cases for policy management are as follows:
- Policy creation and management- The test cases play an instrumental role in verifying if a policy is written/drafted correctly and stored. They should also verify the proper recording of any policy changes/modifications.
- Premium calculation- Testing concerning the premium calculation is essential to ensure that the amount is calculated correctly depending on the user profile, coverage needs, regulatory factors, and risk assessment. The test case templates should ensure premiums are calculated correctly.
- Discount and Promotions- The test cases should ensure that the deals are implemented correctly and that users know the available promotions.
C. Test Cases on Claims Management
Insurance domain testing regarding claims management is essential as it validates the features and capabilities concerning claim submission, process, and payment. A few areas testers should look at:
- Claim submission process- The QE team should validate the legitimacy of user data at the time of submission, such as claim type, date of the incident, and supporting documents, amongst others. Thus, the test cases should verify the secured filing and storage of the claims.
- Claims processing- The QE team should thoroughly test this capability to ensure efficient and accurate claims processing. Therefore, the battery of test cases should warrant that the claims are mapped to the right department or individual and updated on time.
- Claims tracking and settlement- Here, the test cases should guarantee that users can view the current status of their claims and any modifications made. The testers should also ensure the smooth management of claims by building test cases to verify claim settlement within a limited time frame.
D. Test Cases on Payment Process
Here are some test cases to keep track of while payment process testing
- Payment gateway integration- Testing must be done to ensure that the insurance platform can integrate with various third-party payment gateway. Therefore, the battery of test cases should verify smooth communication between the insurance platform and the payment gateway for secure payment processing.
- Payment processing- Testing this capability is paramount for secure monetary transactions. Moreover, the testers should also ensure that payment processing satisfies industry standards. Thus, the test cases should guarantee that several payment parameters, such as amount, mode, and date, are handled accurately and the status is updated promptly. The test cases should also ensure that transactions are encrypted.
- Payment confirmation- Here, the battery of test cases should ensure that payment confirmation must list adequate details such as amount, mode, and date.
- Refunds and cancellations- This functionality should be tested to ensure policyholders seek refunds or cancel their payments as needed. The test cases should validate that a refund and cancellation are correctly processed and that details are updated accordingly.
E. Test Cases on Customer Support
Insurance domain testing in regard to customer support encapsulates functionalities such as chat support, email, and phone assistance. Therefore, concerning the overall support, the test cases should ensure that once a user/policyholder starts a chat session, sends an email, or calls the customer care support number, the team can respond promptly and effectively. Moreover, testers should also validate an acceptable user response time.
F. Test Cases on Quote Management
Validating the functionality of delivering quotes to consumers for various insurance policies is critical in insurance domain testing. Some of the test cases here are as follows:
- Quote calculation- A tester must check the quote calculation mechanism during the insurance software testing to ensure the correct quote generation for a chosen policy. Testing the quote comparison functionality for potential customers to analyze quotations for different insurance policies is also essential.
- Quote purchase- The battery of test cases should validate that a user can purchase a chosen policy after receiving a quote.
Insurance is a highly complex and regulated domain that requires in-depth testing to ensure security and compliance. Pre-built test cases are instrumental in validating numerous processes, such as the effectiveness of policy creation, underwriting, claims processing, and premium billing. Insurance leaders can leverage pre-built test cases to focus solely on accelerating their time to market. The suitable test cases will also enable the insurance leaders to seamless CX, comply with regulations, and safeguard sensitive data.